WEMU and Golden Limousine International have partnered
once again to bring you the Detroit Jazz Festival Shuttles for the annual Labor Day Jazz Fest!
2016 Detroit Jazz Festival lineup featuring a collection of performances including a Homecoming Series with Detroit natives, exciting new artists, legends and student groups all connected around special custom programming and unique musical experiences that cannot be seen anywhere else in the world.
Ron Carter – 2016 Artist-In-Residence. Performances include: Nonet, Trio, Quartet and Big Band
- George Benson
- John Scofield, Brad Mehldau, Mark Guiliana
- Roy Hargrove with Strings
- The RH Factor
- Freddy Cole and the Detroit Jazz Festival String Orchestra – The Cole Family Legacy – remembering Nat and Natalie
- Omar Sosa Quarteto AfroCubano
- Terri Lyne Carrington’s Mosaic Project
- Chris Potter Underground Orchestra
- Randy Weston’s African Rhythms & the Wayne State University Big Band – 90th birthday celebration!!!
- Ms. Lisa Fischer & Grand Baton
- Jason Moran Bandwagon Trio
- Roberta Gambarini and Jimmy Heath – Celebrating Jimmy Heath’s 90th
- Marcus Roberts Modern Jazz Generation
- Luciana Souza – Speaking in Tongues
- Alfredo Rodriguez Trio
- Harold López-Nussa
- The Soul Rebels
- John Abercrombie Organ Trio
- Vanguard Jazz Orchestra: Established by Thad Jones & Mel Lewis Celebrate 50 years at the Village Vanguard
- Kirk Lightsey and Louis Hayes – Homecoming Band *
- Kenn Cox tribute with Special Guests *
- Stanley Cowell Quintet featuring Billy Harper and Charles Tolliver *
- David Weiss and Point of Departure celebrate the music of Detroit legends Kenn Cox and Charles Moore *
- PUBLIQuartet – MIND|THE|GAP *
- Gregoire Maret & the Inner Voice Ensemble
- Charnée Wade
- Herlin Riley Quintet
- Charlie Gabriel Quartet *
- United States Air Force Airmen of Note
* Denotes Homecoming Series Performance
Golden Limousine to offer Luxury Coach Service to Downtown Detroit.
Let Golden Limousine make your Detroit Jazz Fest experience 100% enjoyable by letting us transport you to Downtown Detroit and back for as low as $10 roundtrip with advance purchase. (Departures from Ann Arbor Briarwood Mall and Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti.) We have a fleet of luxury buses and coaches ready to take small and large groups to this fabulous music event.
Departures each day start as early at 10:30 a.m. with afternoon and evening times available. For a complete schedule and advance ticket purchase please click here.